Mary "Polly" HARD*GREE was born circa 1785-90 and married David HOLLOWAY on 15 Dec 1807 in Greene Co., GA. David was born 1783 in NC (to Thomas and Joanna (WHITAKER) HOLLOWAY?) and died 24 Jul 1856 in Rusk Co., TX. Polly died 1 Oct 1849. She was buried first on the farm then later removed to be buried beside David at old Christian Union Cemetery, Rusk Co., TX. A photo of the memorial marker for those buried at the old Christian Union Cemetery is included here.
[CORRECTION for page 9: The marriage date listed on this page should be 15 Dec 1807 for Mary and David Holloway. The correct date is listed on page 517.]
Children of David and Mary (HARD*GREE) HOLLOWAY:
1) William Burton HOLLOWAY (1808 Morgan Co., GA - 1858 Rusk Co., TX)
married Elizabeth Miranda ELDER (d. 1850-57 Rusk Co., TX) 1831 in GA and second to Nancy C. WOOD.
2) Elizabeth HOLLOWAY (c1810 GA - aft 1860? Houston Co., TX?) married
David Anderson FAMBRO(UGH) (b. c1810 Clarke Co., GA) 1830 in Clarke Co., GA.
3) Malinda HOLLOWAY (c1812 GA - 1855 Clarke Co., GA) married Doctor
Williamson ELDER (1809 Clarke Co., GA - 1902 Oconee Co., GA). (1813 Christian Co., KY - 1897 Harrison Co., TX).
5) James Pendleton HOLLOWAY (1818 Clarke Co., GA - 1884 Gregg Co., TX)
married Sarah ELDER (1817 - 1899) 1842 in Clarke Co., GA.
6) John T. HOLLOWAY (1820 Clarke Co., GA - 1877 Upshur Co., TX) married
Mary Adaline GARTRELL (1818 - 1859 Rusk Co., TX) 1844 in Clarke Co., GA. He married second to Mrs. Mary Ann (READ) BALLARD (1838 MS - 1912) 1862 in Upshur Co., TX.
7) Mary HOLLOWAY (1826 GA - 1895) married Anderson FAMBROUGH (1822
GA - 1882) 1844 in Clarke Co., GA.
8) Ellen Catherine HOLLOWAY (1827 Clarke Co., GA - 1904) married James
M. PROTHO (1830 - 1864 Battle of Mansfield (LA)) 1851 in Rusk Co., TX.
More information on the Holloway family
and descendants is available in the
David Holloway (1783-1856) of North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas
and His Descendants by Nancy Blakely Ruff (1989).
This branch was featured briefly on pages 517 to 519
of the Hardegree / Hardigree book.